Vitae Spirits - Maple Syrup Barrel Finished Rum
- Seasonal Limited release Distiller’s Reserve series
- Collaboration with Back Creek Farms- Monterrey, VA
- 1 yr old barrel-aged rum finished in maple syrup barrels for 6 months
- Fermented from evaporated sugar cane juice
- Age: 1.5+ years
- Barrel Types:
American White Oak
1+ year in 53gal Ragged Branch Wheated Bourbon
6 months 5 gal maple syrup ex-bourbon barrels
- Barrel Proof: 119.8
- Production: 329 numbered bottles @ 750 ml 7Aug20
Highland County Virginia is sometimes colloquially referred to as “little Switzerland” because of its verdant mountainside pastures, clear creeks, and high altitude. It is also home to Back Creek Farms, where they make maple syrup the old-fashioned way and sometimes age it in oak barrels. We were lucky to get our hands on some of these barrels to use for finishing our bourbon-barrel-aged rum. A touch of maple syrup sweetness with our rum is pure bliss!
TASTING NOTES & USES:
With just a touch of sweetness from the residual Virginia maple syrup, this aged rum is a fabulous sipper with a long-lasting finish. The maple influence is predominant but does not hide the toffee, vanilla, warm spice, and caramel aromas so commonly found in our rums.