Vitae Spirits - Golden Rum
- Collaboration with Ace Biscuit & Barbecue
- Flavored with charcoal-grilled sugar cane, molasses, and toasted American white oak
- Fermented from evaporated cane juice from Louisiana
- Naturally gluten-free
- Label art by Lara Gastinger- cross-section sugar cane root
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition- Bronze
- Virginia Living Magazine Made in Virginia Award
- American Distilling Institute- Bronze
- Best Specialty Spirit- Drink Magazine
Vitae Spirits's Golden Rum is formulated with the word "rich" as our paradigm. Golden Rum starts as a simple fermentation consisting primarily of water from the slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains, American sugar cane molasses, and yeast. To the distillate, we add fresh sugar cane grilled on house-made charcoal in collaboration with our neighbors Ace Biscuit & Barbecue, a bit of molasses, and toasted oak to round the body and produce its enchanting color. At Vitae Spirits Distillery we feel that settling down with our Golden Rum is as inspirational as gold, the noblest element of all.
TASTING NOTES & USES:
The robust character of Golden Rum makes it well suited for full-bodied cocktails where a subtler rum would be eclipsed. Some of our favorite cocktails using Golden Rum include Hot Buttered Rum, Dark and Stormy, Mai Tai, and many other Tiki bar specials.