Vitae Spirits - Platinum Rum
- Unaged, light, and extremely adaptable
- Fermented from evaporated cane juice from Louisiana
- Naturally gluten-free and sugar-free
- First released in April 2016 (our first product)
- Label art by Lara Gastinger- cross-section sugar cane stem
- 80 proof / 40% ABV
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition- Bronze
- Virginia Living Magazine Made in Virginia Award
- Washington Cup Spirits Competition- Bronze
- American Distilling Institute- Bronze
- Best Rum- Drink Magazine
Rum has been the Kill Devil of Caribbean buccaneers, the fuel of our founding fathers’ enlightenment, and the soul of exotic lands, yet it in many ways is one of the simplest of spirits. Three primary ingredients go into our Platinum Rum: water from the slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains, American sugar cane molasses, and yeast. From that base, we distill a crystal clear spirit we feel is so singular that we invoke the noble tarnish-proof precious metal platinum for its name.
TASTING NOTES & USES:
Platinum Rum is the unadulterated essence of American sugar cane molasses, ripe with creamy caramel and candied vanilla aromas. We suggest using Platinum Rum in
cocktails that elevate these favors; masterpieces such as the classic Daiquiri, Mojito, Cuba Libre (Rum & Cola), or The Pain Killer are tough to beat.